Our huge variety of clients reflects our huge variety of people, from meticulous organisers to chaotic creatives. We’re an ambitious, high growth business, and we want to take the best with us.
Work doesn't feel like work when you actually enjoy it.
The Tank office is a magnificently restored renaissance building, sitting in the heart of Nottingham’s Creative Quarter. We don’t do things by halves, and our team is welcoming to all sorts of people. Embrace your weirdness, the rest of us do.
How many other agencies do you know of that offer a new business bonus scheme to every member of staff? Or have a real bar and not just a fridge? Or have such strong links with a city’s social venues?
The plethora of benefits to working at Tank include:
- Flexible home working and working hours, with an early finish on Fridays for a drink in the Tank bar.
- Generous holiday allowance (plus one paid charity day per year).
- Wellbeing programme to comprehensively support mental health.
- Your own mentor and training budget, to aid your development and encourage your growth.
- New business bonus scheme.
Flexible working and working hours..
with an early finish on Fridays for a drink in the Tank bar.
Generous holiday allowance..
plus one paid charity day per year.
to comprehensively support mental health.
Mentor and training budget..
to aid your development and encourage your growth.
on performance and new business opportunitiues.
Search Engine Optimisation Specialist
Salary starts from £22,000 depending on experience.
Tank is on the lookout for a hands-on SEO specialist to join our dynamic team.
We are seeking someone who knows how to help brands climb the ladder of SERPs and can support our digital team to service them all.
They’ll set – and be able to achieve – objectives for campaigns that make competitors’ activity appear dated, all for possibly the most diverse roster of clients in the business.
We’d like to hear from anyone with at least a year’s agency experience with B2B and B2C clients, using all the usual tools and with proven experience of technical SEO and managing SEO campaigns.
We’ve invested nearly £1 million in our Lace Market Nottingham office and would love to see your face there, so this role will be based three days in the office with the option of two days working from home.
We can offer the right person a clear route to career progression, combined with competitive salaries, bonuses, flexible working and a wonderfully laid-back, professional work environment.
If you’re interested, find the full job spec below and we’ll look forward to receiving your CV and covering letter explaining why you’d like to trade in your current screen saver for a shiny Tank one.
• 1+ years relevant experience.
• Experience working with B2B and B2C clients.
• Experience in keyword and on-page optimisation.
• Experience in improving and identifying site crawlability and duplication issues.
• Advanced knowledge of Google tools (GA, GTM, GSC), SEMrush and Ahrefs.
• Proven experience in technical SEO.
• Proven history of managing successful SEO campaigns.
• Understanding of key digital marketing performance metrics.
• Proficient in navigating WordPress and other common CMS.
• Experience in writing SEO based copy.
• Experience in conversion tracking.
• Creating reports in Google Data studio.
• Competitive salary + new business bonus scheme.
• Flexible working hours & hybrid working options.
• Internal and external training programme.
• Mentoring scheme and ongoing personal development support.
• Generous holiday allowance.
• City centre location.
• Team socials.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work independently and flexibly.
• Ability to prioritise and work across multiple projects.
• Teamwork focused approach.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to deliver a high volume of equally high-quality
• Creative skills and the ability to contribute ideas.
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Good analytical skills.
To apply, send your CV and a cover email explaining why you’d love to join team Tank to [email protected] by October 1st.Apply Now
There are three key values Tank has when it comes to our team
Personal Development and progression
We look after our own. That’s why we like to promote from within the agency whenever we can. Several Tank team members have joined as account executives and progressed to be account directors or higher. Depending on their individual skills and passions, we help people create their own career path to suit.
Each person is allocated an annual training budget to develop their skills however they see fit. They also have a mentor to guide and support them, help them meet their training objectives and develop their career path.
We offer dedicated days off for people to pursue their own personal development, such as to attend events, seminars or workshops. Several of us have also completed Women in Leadership training courses, making sure that as many of the team have strong management skills and opportunities.
Some of the other features of our personal development programme are:
- Annual salary reviews.
- Regular training sessions, internal and external, to keep skills sharp and share knowledge.
- A buddy to help new starters settle in from day one, plus a training plan specific to each person, with ongoing support whenever it’s needed.
- A dedicated team development director, to help each person with their career progression and training.
We’re all here to do great work for our clients, achieve our goals and progress our careers, but we’re also here for a sense of belonging. The social aspects of working at Tank are unique and have grown organically, whilst our wellbeing policies have developed from ideas within the team.
- Work from home options, with the freedom to plan your own week.
- A ban on internal lunchtime meetings and out-of-hours internal emails.
- Extra holidays for Christmas and birthdays.
- Quarterly team socials.
- Regular random treats, including yoga, houseplants, vouchers and pizza.
- A paid day off to volunteer for the Tank charity or any other close to your heart.
- Regular unplanned lunches and gatherings.
- Dogs are welcome, because no office should be without one.
- A trained Mental Health First Aider.
- Ethics and diversity meetings.
- Menopause policy.
Tank’s roster of accounts is one of the most diverse of any agency. We’ve deliberately never tried to specialise in one particular industry or sector, and we’re better for it.
Mixing up what we work on from day to day keeps us fresh. From tech companies to restaurants, architects to satellites, it makes each task different.
It also means that team members all work with different people. Between PR, PPC, SEO, digital PR and social media, we all learn and appreciate each other’s craft.
What’s more, our sister creative agency, Warbox, resides in the same building. Although it might be a separate company, the amount of time our teams spend with each other, and the work we do together for shared clients, means you’d be hard pushed to tell.
Why i joined
“I met a number of Tank employees and clients at social events and I have never heard such praise for a workplace! I can confirm it’s all true, everyone works hard but there is always an air of calm professionalism mixed with fun. It’s a rare combination."
Why i joined
“They recognised my potential and offered me the structure and incentives to develop my skills in a relaxed and friendly environment.”
Why I'm here to stay
“Tank pays me to do one of the things I love to do most: writing. Support from colleagues is second-to-none and there are plenty of opportunities to grow.”
Why I'm here to stay
“I stay because we’ve built something amazing. I genuinely believe the culture, the team and the ethos we’ve developed couldn’t be replicated.”